So, about 2 weeks ago, a fellow blogger, Debra at Cultivating Time, nominated me for the Liebster Award, as you can see in this post.
Thank you, Debra, for nominating me for the Liebster Award – This was my first nomination. 🙂
The purpose of this award is to recognise and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers.
I was unable to properly respond to this honour (my offline life has been getting in the way of my blogging for the past weeks) until now.
Thus, here goes nothing.
1. If you could visit a fictional world from a book or a film, where would you go?
I would either go to Hogwarts (I am still waiting for my owl – I think they sent me Ron’s) or the Middle Earth.
2. You have to change your first name, what will you call yourself?
Morgana, Morgaine, or something along those lines. 🙂
3. There’s a knock at the door, your heart skips a beat and your stomach is all a quiver – who is at the door?
Chances are it’s someone from my family. I like to keep a close circle. 🙂
4. You can spend the day with any man or woman from history, who will you choose and why?
Choices, choices… So many people to choose from.
My grandfather from my mother’s side. He died when I was 4 years-old, and I would love to have known him better.
5. What one question will you definitely ask them?
“What is the other side like?”
6. You have to change your hair colour, it has to be one of the colours of the rainbow. What colour will you choose?
O.o Noooooo! I like my hair raven black!
Ok… Either purple or red.
7. Which song represents your personality?
Just one song?!?
This actually depends on my mood.
Lately, this one is that one that has been playing non-stop.
8. I’m coming for dinner, what’s on the menu?
I’ll have prepared several Portuguese traditional dishes (both meat and fish), plus vegetarian food just in case.
And, yes, I am a good cook. 😉
9. What smell do you love?
Petrichor, books, forest, a mix of jasmin and vanilla, roses…
10. You are stranded in a lifeboat in the ocean, like in Life of Pi – which animal will you share your boat with and why?
A dragon – my tattoo. 😉
11. My blog is called Cultivating Time – what quote or saying about time do you like?
“You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” (Charles Buxton)
Some more random facts
I love music, and I have sang live before. It was terrifying.
I love peaches, but I cannot stand artificially peach-flavoured foods.
I loathe going to the dentist and any other doctor, for that matter.
I love forests/woods/groves, rivers and the sea – they recharge my batteries.
I am very attuned with the wheel of the year. Which reminds me how much this Winter feels off (not as cold as previous Winters, more Autumnal than anything, and Spring seems to be already trying to commit B&E).
I love the smell of roses, old books, petrichor, sandal, and the mix of jasmin and vanilla.
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Journey to the Stars
- Belonging to the Land
- Burning Bush
- Skinny and Single
- The Span of My Hips
- Geetha Balvannanathan’s Blog
- Life with Sindelle
- Wildwood and Wild Hunt
- In the Desert of Seth
- Mama Goose’s Blog
My questions for my Nominees are:
- If you could live some place else, where would you be moving to?
- What is your favourite quote, ever?
- Should you be able to go back in time, what year would you be travelling to and why?
- If you could meet a character from a book/movie/tv series, whom would you meet?
- Share 3 things you love about yourself.
- If you could meet someone, past or present, whom would you meet?
- What’s your favourite movie/book?
- You are allowed to develop a psychic ability (psychokinesis, clairvoyance, divination, etc). Which one would you choose and why?
- What is your dream job?
- What inspires you to write?
- Regarding other blogs, what does usually catch your eye to the point that you want to follow that specific blog?
How the Liebster Award works:
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator , include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers.
Quoting Debra (again, thank you, thank you, thank you!),
«Nominees – any questions, please just ask. There is no timescale to do this but please add a link to your new post below when you done it. The aim is to raise the profile of your blog. I’m looking forward to reading your answers.»